Being prepared is one of the smartest things you can do to help the home buying process run smoothly. Knowing what type of home loan is right for you is the first step. Below you'll find an overview of the different types of home loans we offer.
- Fixed Rate: The principal and interest rate are fixed for the life of your home loan.
- Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM): An ARM loan is a home loan with an initial fixed-rate period. The interest rate may change on an annual basis once the fixed portion of the loan expires.
- FHA: An FHA mortgage is a government-backed home loan with flexible lending requirements and down payment options as low as 3.5%. Available as a fixed rate or as an adjustable-rate mortgage.
- VA: VA loans are available to qualified active duty, veterans, or reservists and can be used to buy a home with little or no down payment or to refinance an existing home.
- Conventional: Guidelines for this type of loan are set by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac and require a minimum down payment of 3%.
- Jumbo: Jumbo mortgages are home loans that exceed conventional loan limits, typically used to purchase a high-priced or luxury home.
- USDA (United Department of Agriculture): Rural loans that offer zero down payments. Income and geographic eligibility are required.
- TDHCA (Texas Housing and Community Affairs): Down payment and closing cost assistance for homebuyers of single family housing units; may include rehabilitation for accessibility modifications.
- Texas Veterans Program: Eligible Texas Veterans have an opportunity to purchase a home with a competitive, low-interest loan with little or no down-payment.
If you think a home loan could be a good financial option for you, please call us at (915) 771-1766 (West) or at (915) 779-1633 (East) or contact us online.
Loan approval is subject to credit approval and program guidelines. Not all loan programs are available in all states for all loan amounts. Interest rates and program terms are subject to change without notice. Property insurance is required.