Life can be hectic. Sometimes, a little nudge or a reminder can be helpful. Thankfully, online banking can help you with that. Through the online banking portal, you can set various alerts to notify you for all sorts of things - know when a check has cleared, or if a balance has hit a minimum, or simply to remind you of a special date. Best of all, you can choose how you want to receive them – by phone, text, email, or secure message.
So, let us start with the types of alerts you can set:
- Account: This is triggered on changes to your account details.
- Date: A great way to be reminded of important dates or events.
- History: Trigger based on historical transaction details.
- Transaction: This alerts you based on the type of online transaction(s).
Once you know what type of alert you want to set, be sure to check your contact information is up-to-date within the online banking portal. This information will be used for the alert notification. You have several options for how you can be notified: email, phone, text, or secure message (sent to your secure mailbox within online banking).
[TIP: Phone notifications come from our voice banking system and can be set for a specific time of day you'd like to be contacted.]
How to Set an Alert
- Log into online banking.
- On the left-hand side, in the Settings section, select Alerts.
- Select the type of alert you want to set from the New Alert area (top right).
- Select your alert criteria, including the notification frequency and delivery method. (If you choose to be notified via phone, text, or email, there will also be a secure message sent to your secure online mailbox.)
- Once done, click Save. Your new alert will now be displayed on the Alerts page.
NOTE: For some online banking clients, the directions to set alerts are slightly different. To begin, in the Settings section on the right-hand side, select Alerts. Then, select the type of alert you want to set from the New Alert area (top right). Select your alert criteria, including the notification frequency and delivery method. Once done, click Save. Your new alert will now be displayed on the Alerts page.