This Mobile Privacy Disclosure (“Disclosure”) applies to your use of the mobile device applications (“App”) of WestStar Bank and its affiliates (“WestStar” or “us”), regardless of whether you are using a smart phone, electronic tablet, or other electronic device (“Device”). Your privacy is important to us. This Disclosure explains how we collect, share, use, and protect your information when you use WestStar’s mobile device applications. If you are a WestStar client, you should also review our Privacy Notice, which more broadly governs WestStar’s handling of your personal information.
By downloading the App on your Device, you consent to this Disclosure, which includes your consent to disclose, and use information about you in the manner detailed in the Disclosure.
Information We Collect
Through the use of the App, we may collect personal information from you, which may include:
- First and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number.
- Financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with necessary products and services, including account numbers, account balances, payment history, transaction history, payment card identification, payment card expiration date, and verification numbers.
- If you provide feedback or contact WestStar using one of our online contact forms, we collect the messages you send as well as the personal information you provide, such as your name, phone number, and email address.
In addition, to the personal information described above, we may collect certain information about your use of our App, this may include:
- Your Device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your browser type, the types of information you search for and view on our websites, locale preferences, location, identification numbers associated with your Device, and your mobile carrier.
- Information stored on your Device such as location, contacts, information resulting from your mobile activity, or other features you are enrolled in to enrich and simplify your own user experience and improve our services, as well as provide additional security to protect your account.
- Devices permit applications to access real-time location-based information. WestStar’s App may collect such information, with your permission, in order to enhance the features and functionality of our App and other financial service offerings. In addition, some of the information we already collect, such as IP addresses, may be used to estimate an approximate location of the Device you are using to access the App.
- The App accesses your Contact List to provide services including Zelle™ Services.
- The App will have access to your camera for use of the App’s Remote Deposit Capture feature; including photos of checks you have deposited using the App.
Our Use of Information Collected in the App
We use the information collected in the App as necessary to run our everyday business, such as to verify your identity, process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, report to credit bureaus, and improve the App and our websites. In addition, we may retain and use communications, transaction details, and identifying information in order to prevent fraud, or enhance the security of your account or the App.
Privacy of Children
The App is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Only the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 may utilize any of the services provided through the App that involve a password, user ID, or the provision of any other information by the user, even when a deposit account or other account has been established on behalf of the child.
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards and security measures that comply with federal and state law. When you enter sensitive information into the App, we encrypt the transmission of that information using industry standard technology. App information is retained in accordance with federal and state record retention laws.
Changes to the Mobile Privacy Disclosure
We may need to make changes to this Disclosure from time to time, in order to reflect changes to the App or services, or to accommodate new technology or legal and compliance requirements and guidelines. Changes to this Disclosure will become effective when posted on the App, unless otherwise indicated. Your use of the App following these changes will constitute your express agreement to such changes.