Stop fraud in its tracks.
We're always looking for ways to safeguard our clients from fraudulent activity. Which is why we've invested in technologies to assist us, and you, in protecting your funds from unwanted access.
One way is with smsGuardian text alerts, a free service that uses a simple text to quickly identify and stop fraud. It's easy to setup, and powerful to use.
How It Works
If certain activity occurs with your card number, you'll receive a text alert. If you think the transaction is fraudulent, reply immediately and your card will be blocked from further criminal activity. If the purchase is legitimate, no response is needed.
Below is a sample of how the service texts appear:
WSB Guardian Alert on card XXXX 1 at XYZ Store 2 for $500.00 3 .
Reply AA1234NO if unauthorized. Reply STOP to cancel alerts.
1) Last four digits of your card number; 2) Name of the merchant; 3) Purchase amount.
What alerts are available?
The bank determines what types of transactions generate a text message and may be based on a single or any combination of the following transactions:
- International Transactions
- Authorizations Greater than $300.00
- 8 or more Transactions in 24 hours
- Card Not Present Transactions
- Usage Outside of Cardholder's State of Residence
- There is a three year enrollment period. You will be notified prior to the expiration of your account and may text a reply to renew.
- Changing your mobile service provider may require you to re-enroll your mobile device.
- Some mobile service providers require a 30-day subscription reminder message be sent to customers participating in the smsGuardian program. If your mobile service provider is Boost, Nextel, Sprint, or Virgin, you will receive the following message: Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for WestStar Bank. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.
- Should you need help regarding the use of this service, you may reply to an alert message with the word HELP or call (915)532-1000 or 1-800-366-4578 .
- You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to a Guardian alert. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the website, or by texting the word STOP to 27576.
smsGuardianTM is a third-party service, not affiliated with WestStar Bank. Message and data charges may apply. Additional terms and conditions apply.