smsGuardian™ text alerts are an additional layer of debit card security, enabling you to identify and stop fraudulent card activity in its tracks.
How It Works
If certain activity occurs with your card number, you'll receive a text alert. If you think the transaction is fraudulent, reply immediately and your card will be blocked from further criminal activity. If the purchase is legitimate, no response is needed.
Below is a sample of how the service texts appear:
WSB Guardian Alert on card XXXX 1 at XYZ Store 2 for $500.00 3 .
Reply AA1234NO if unauthorized. Reply STOP to cancel alerts.
1) Last four digits of your card number; 2) Name of the merchant; 3) Purchase amount.
How to Enroll
Now that you know what it does, let’s get you enrolled.
- Visit the WestStar Bank smsGuardian™ debit card text alerts website.
- Enter your WestStar Bank debit card number and other requested information for your card.
- Verify Terms & Conditions and confirm the Service Usage Guide.
- In the "Devices/Create Device" tab, enroll the devices on which you choose to receive alerts. (Each device must have the ability to send and receive text message and the use of "short codes" must not be blocked.)
- Enter the 10-digit mobile device phone number and click "Submit."
- Verify your device by sending the provided text to 27576.
- Once you receive a confirmation text, your enrollment is complete.
Want to learn more? Read how smsGuardian™ debit card text alerts work.
Have questions? smsGuardian™ FAQs.
- There is a three year enrollment period. You will be notified prior to the expiration of your account and may text a reply to renew.
- Changing your mobile service provider may require you to re-enroll your mobile device.
- Some mobile service providers require a 30-day subscription reminder message be sent to customers participating in the smsGuardian program. If your mobile service provider is Boost, Nextel, Sprint, or Virgin, you will receive the following message: Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for WestStar Bank. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.
- Should you need help regarding the use of this service, you may reply to an alert message with the word HELP or call (915)532-1000 or 1-800-366-4578 .
- You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to a Guardian alert. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the website, or by texting the word STOP to 27576.
smsGuardianTM is a third-party service, not affiliated with WestStar Bank. Message and data charges may apply. Additional terms and conditions apply.