At WestStar Bank, we are always looking for the best possible ways to protect our customers and their money. SmsGuardian™ debit card text alerts is a service that uses text messages to enable you to monitor debit card activity occurring on your account and to respond immediately to fraudulent activity. This program offers yet another layer of security to help protect your accounts.
How do I enroll for smsGuardian™ Text Alerts?
- Visit the WestStar Bank smsGuardian™ debit card text alerts website.
- Enter your WestStar Bank debit card number and enrollment criteria for the card.
- Verify Terms & Conditions, and confirm the Service Usage Guide.
- To enroll a device for the card, go to the DEVICE/CREATE DEVICE tab. Remember, you may enroll up to ten devices per web account. Each device must have the ability to send and receive text messages and the use of “short codes” must not be blocked.
- Enter the 10 digit mobile device phone number and click Submit.
- Send the required message provided to 27576.
- Verify you receive this confirmation message:
- Your smsGuardian™ debit card text alerts enrollment is complete. Your alerts will start within 24 hours.
- If you’d like to set a Do Not Disturb period, use the PREFERENCES TAB to set your time frame.
Want to learn more? Click here to read how smsGuardian™ debit card text alerts work.
Have questions? Click here to read our smsGuardian™ FAQs.
- There is a one year enrollment period. You will be notified prior to the expiration of your account and may text a reply to renew.
- Changing your mobile service provider may require you to re-enroll your mobile device.
- Some mobile service providers require a 30-day subscription reminder message be sent to customers participating in the smsGuardian program. If your mobile service provider is Boost, Nextel, Sprint, or Virgin, you will receive the following message: Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for WestStar Bank. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.
- Should you need help regarding the use of this service, you may reply to an alert message with the word HELP or call (915)532-1000.
- You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to a Guardian alert. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the website, or by texting the word STOP to 27576.
smsGuardianTM is a third-party service, not affiliated with WestStar Bank.
Message and data charges may apply. Additional terms and conditions apply.