smsGuardian™ text alerts service is an additional layer of debit card security that works by sending you a text alert if certain activity occurs with your card number. If you think the transaction is fraudulent, reply immediately and your card is blocked from further criminal activity.
How to Enroll
- Visit the smsGuardian™ text alerts website.
- Enter your WestStar Bank debit card number and other requested information.
- Verify Terms & Conditions.
- Confirm the Service Usage Guide.
- In the "Devices/Create Device" tab, enroll the devices on which you want to receive alerts. (Each device must be able to send and receive text messages. Use of "short codes" must not be blocked.)
- Enter the 10-digit phone number for the device and click "Submit."
- Verify your device by sending the provided text to 27576.
- Once you receive a confirmation text, your enrollment is complete.
Want to learn more? Read how smsGuardian™ debit card text alerts work.
Have questions? smsGuardian™ FAQs.
- There is a three year enrollment period. You will be notified prior to the expiration of your account and may text a reply to renew.
- Changing your mobile service provider may require you to re-enroll your mobile device.
- Some mobile service providers require a 30-day subscription reminder message be sent to customers participating in the smsGuardian program. If your mobile service provider is Boost, Nextel, Sprint, or Virgin, you will receive the following message: Reminder: You have subscribed to Guardian transaction alerts for WestStar Bank. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help. Reply STOP to cancel.
- Should you need help regarding the use of this service, you may reply to an alert message with the word HELP or call (915)532-1000 or 1-800-366-4578 .
- You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to a Guardian alert. You may unsubscribe from this service entirely on the website, or by texting the word STOP to 27576.
smsGuardianTM is a third-party service, not affiliated with WestStar Bank. Message and data charges may apply. Additional terms and conditions apply.