Mobile deposit1 is an integrated feature of the WestStar mobile banking app, and uses the camera on your mobile device to safely deposit checks anywhere, anytime.
Questions about mobile deposit? Check out our FAQs for answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
Requirements for Mobile Deposit
To use mobile deposit, you will need to:
- Be enrolled in online banking. [If you are not enrolled, click here to get started .]
- Use either an Apple® or Android™ mobile device.
- Download the WestStar mobile banking app.
How to Enroll
Enrollment can be done through any device, both online and through the mobile banking app. However, mobile deposit is only accessible through the mobile banking app.
- In online banking, select "Services," and click on the "Mobile Deposit Enrollment" bar.
- After reading the Terms and Conditions, check mark the box indicating your acceptance, and click "Accept."
- If you enroll through the mobile app, you must log out and back in to see the "Mobile Deposit" option listed under "Transactions."
- If you enroll through a desktop computer, you will not see the "Mobile Deposit" option on the desktop version. Mobile deposit is only accessible through the mobile banking app.
How to Deposit a Check
- Sign in to mobile banking app using online banking login ID and password.
- Choose "Deposit Check" from the navigation menu.
- Select the account to receive the deposit.
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Snap a picture of the front and back of the check, making sure the check is endorsed. All checks must include "For Mobile Deposit Only" handwritten below your signature in the endorsement area.
- Submit the check for deposit.
- After submitting your deposit, you will receive an email notification.
Mobile Banking Security
- Mobile banking uses the same login authentication as WestStar online banking, including multi-factor authentication and encryption.
- User ID and account numbers are not displayed in full.
- Check images and personal information are not stored on client’s device.
† Businesses using Cash Manager may not have access to all of the products and services. Please contact your account representative or call (915) 532-1000 or 1-800-366-4578 for additional information.
1 WestStar does not charge a fee for mobile banking. However, third party message and data rates may apply. These include fees your wireless carrier may charge you for data usage and text messaging services. Check with your wireless carrier for details regarding your specific wireless plan and any data usage or text messaging charges that may apply. Also, a supported mobile device is needed to use the WestStar mobile banking app. Mobile deposit is a feature of WestStar mobile banking. Use of the mobile deposit feature requires a supported camera-equipped device and you must download the WestStar mobile banking app. Eligible WestStar Bank account and WestStar online banking required. Certain other restrictions apply. See the mobile banking terms and conditions in the WestStar Online Banking Disclosure.
Apple®, iPhone®, iPod®, and iPad® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
AndroidTM is a trademark of Google LLC.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.