Mobile deposit† is an integrated feature of the WestStar Mobile Banking app, and uses the camera on your mobile device to safely deposit checks anywhere, anytime 1 .
Questions about mobile deposit? Check out our FAQs for answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
Requirements for Mobile Deposit
To use mobile deposit, you will need to:
- Be enrolled in online banking. [If you are not enrolled, click here to get started .]
- Use either an Apple ® or Android ™ mobile device.
- Download the WestStar Mobile Banking app.
How to Enroll
Enrollment can be done through any device, both online and through the mobile banking app. However, mobile deposit is only accessible through the Mobile Banking app.
- In online banking, select "Services," and click on the "Mobile Deposit Enrollment" bar.
- After reading the Terms and Conditions, check mark the box indicating your acceptance, and click "Accept."
- If you enroll through the mobile app, you must log out and back in to see the "Mobile Deposit" option listed under "Transactions."
- If you enroll through a desktop computer, you will not see the "Mobile Deposit" option on the desktop version. Mobile deposit is only accessible through the mobile banking app.
How to Deposit a Check
- Sign in to mobile banking app using online banking login ID and password.
- Choose "Deposit Check" from the navigation menu.
- Select the account to receive the deposit.
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Snap a picture of the front and back of the check, making sure the check is endorsed.
- Submit the check for deposit.
- After submitting your deposit, you will receive an email notification.
Mobile Banking Security
- Mobile Banking uses the same login authentication as WestStar online banking, including multi-factor authentication and encryption.
- User ID and account numbers are not displayed in full.
- Check images and personal information are not stored on client’s device.
† Businesses using Cash Manager may not have access to all of the products and services. Please contact your account representative or call (915) 532-1000 or 1-800-366-4578 for additional information.
1. You will need internet access on your mobile device to use all the features of the mobile app service. Your mobile service provider may charge a fee for its web services. Please check with your mobile service provider for details on its fees and charges.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google, Inc.