With the other two parts of this series, we've learned about online banking alerts and how they can provide key information (balance alert, account sign-on alert) when you need it. Remember, setting up a an alert takes just minutes, but can significantly save you time, worry, and money.
Much like the balance alert, a transaction alert is very helpful in managing your personal (or business) finances. Specifically, it notifies you when an electronic transaction generated from your online banking occurs. For our walk-through, we'll set up an alert for a single payment transaction.
- Log into online banking, select "Setting," then "Alerts" to view the Alerts option screen.
- From the "New Alert" dropdown menu, select "Transaction Alert."
- Then, by clicking the account listing, select the account for which you'd like to receive an alert.
- Select a status by clicking your choice from the available status options.
- Now, select your delivery method (text, email, phone, or secure message via online banking), and enter the specific phone number or email address you'd like to use.
- If you'd like to receive a notification upon every occurrence, check mark the corresponding box in the gray section beneath the alert header.
- Click “Save” to complete your set-up.
You can easily set this alert for other types of transactions, such as:
- ACH collection and payments.
- International and domestic wires.
- External and funds transfers.
- Single receipt and stop payments.
Are there other alerts you'd like to learn about or know how to activate? Contact us and let us know.